Hello friends---it's Friday! We are surprising the girls with a short weekend trip to Disney tomorrow and I think I'm more excited than they are going to be. Epcot is having their Flower and Garden Festival and as is usual with any of their festivals, there are food carts and delicious food and drink options everywhere. I've already scouted out some of the offerings on the Disney Food Blog. While I will be enjoying it, I am going to try to steer clear of anything grossly unhealthy.
1. Speaking of eating healthy, my first Friday fave is the 80 Day Obsession workout program. I am on day 73 of 80. I cannot believe I am almost done and I am shocked I stuck with this the whole time. As with any MLM, people usually roll their eyes and keep scrolling past any post claiming to get you in perfect shape. While I agree those posts are totally annoying, I cannot rave enough about Beachbody's programs. All of them contain eating plans of clean, well-portioned meals. The workouts are tough but effective. They do not promise a quick fix or magic potion--they just provide you with the tools to be successful. This program has been amazing for me. I am actually bummed it's coming to an end. I love that there is a new video every day. I love that Autumn and her cast are doing this along with us. I feel I've come to know the cast and will miss seeing their progression as well.
I've been so motivated to work out and I am so proud of where I'm at right now. Next week, after the program is finish, I will share my before and after photos and give you some tips and tricks that helped me succeed.
2. My second favorite is dip nails. Confession---I hate anything that requires an appointment and massages are the only "service" I enjoy. This includes manicures and pedicures. It's not something I enjoy getting done so I typically try to master it on my own. I've been wanting to try the dip nails and after watching a few videos on YouTube, I decided to give it a go. I ordered this kit from Kiara Sky and successfully did a full set of nails last night! I'm speaking a little prematurely as I'm not sure if they will last the full two weeks but the process was easier than gel nails and I'm happy with the result.
3. The Greatest Showman. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen many stories with the Greatest Showman playing in the background. I feel like I've been missing out these past few months when I could have been enjoying this soundtrack. I wasn't really drawn to see it in the theater but after hearing so many people rave about it, I decided to watch it last weekend. It is amazing! I was surprised to see that the girls love it as much as I do. They love the movie and ask for the soundtrack in the car. I have to admit, it's refreshing to watch a movie with real people repeatedly rather than a cartoon.
4. My fourth item is a little unusual but I am really loving all that the internet has to offer when it comes to creative outlets. I spoke earlier this week about my need to invest in myself creatively and these sites are where it's at! Last year, I joined Coffee + Crumbs for a Year of Creativity and this year they are continuing it in another format called Exhale. There is monthly fee and they have lessons, creative writing exercises, journal prompts, and other resources. I've also taken an iPad lettering course from Brit + Co and have signed up for a DSLR Camera course through their site as well. CreativeLive is another site I recently found that is full of class opportunities. I love learning new things and trying out new skills and these on-demand, online classes are a great way to experience that. If you know of any other resources similar to these, please share.
5. Lastly, my latest obsession in sunglasses is DIFF Eyewear. They had a great sale a few weeks ago and I got shades for me and the girls. This was my second pair of their sunglasses and I am in love. The frames and lenses are so fun and the company, similar to TOMS, donates eyeglasses to those in need with every purchase. They aren't ridiculously expensive and are good quality. I have the Scout and Ruby frames. The girls are wearing the Lil Cruz in the picture above. I can share a 20% code, if you are interested, please send me your email address. They sell them at Nordstrom too but I've had great experience dealing with the site directly.
Thanks for checking out my post. I hope you have a fabulous Friday and a great weekend!