Spring is definitely in the air here in Florida. We have had 70's and sunny as well as a couple cooler days sprinkled throughout. The girls are loving our themed books since Christmas (post here for Valentine's Books) so we are going to keep it going with Spring and Easter books. Some of these are classics and some are just for fun. To be honest, we are still reading our way through these but the girls already have some favorites picked out.Read More
Over the last six months I have been intentionally rotating books for the girls. Instead of them going into a closet full of books to pick something to read, I've been selecting a few books of a similar theme and leaving those in their room to read throughout the month. This was a huge hit with Christmas books so I decided to do the same for Valentine's Day.Read More
I love reading. Even as a kid and teenager, I was always digging to a great book. I always have at least one book in my queue at all times and actually have to read before bed or it takes me forever to fall asleep. Similar to my love of music, my taste in books ranges from young adult to thought-provoking, murder mystery to trashy sex novel. I really do not discriminate.Read More
Every night I snuggle into the recliner with Macie and sometimes Henley joins us. With one girl on each side of me, we start reading. Macie typically pushes for at least four or five books, Mom is usually done after two, although more times than not, I give in. We have some really cute favorites we've been reading lately so I thought I'd share.Read More
- I've just started this book recently, I'm not too far into it just yet but I've already highlighted some great passages. This is the line of the summary of the book that really hit home:
- In Chasing Slow, Erin turns away from fast and fame and frenzy. Follow along as she blazes the trail toward a new-fashioned lifestyle—one that will refresh your perspective, renew your priorities, and shift your focus to the journey that matters most.
- I have been obsessed with all thing Coffee + Crumbs lately--the blog, the Year of Creativity course, and the podcasts. Their podcasts are very relevant to the season I am in, touching on topics such as parenting, being a working moms, and life in general. The guests on the podcasts have all been great, the recommendations have all been things I have loved so far. My reading list is growing and growing, mostly from their recommendations.
- This spray promises to help with prep and prime and is an overall complexion spray. I love the way this makes my skin feel and I can actually see complexion improvement. Honestly I'm not sure if it's a coincidence that my skin has been great lately but either way I love the way this makes my face feel. I spray it on my face morning and night.
- I cannot fathom that Macie is almost two. I started planning her birthday party last week. I am a little "partied out" from the holidays and was considering not hosting a party for her but I know I will regret it if I decide to forego a party. We are planning a farm theme since she is obsessed with all sorts of animals.
- When the trailer for This is Us was circulating around the internet I was very interested, I had high expectations for this show, expecting something comparable to Parenthood.The first few episodes were great but not quite the emotional, gut-wrenching show I was hoping for. I do still like it, I just wish is was one step further, one more level of emotionally raw. Despite this, I am still enjoying it and I'm glad it's back from holiday break.
- The buffalo plaid one is my current favorite but these shirts are so cute and comfy. Perfect for a casual day with some distressed jeans and Toms.