This week has been so crazy but so good at the same time. I feel bad taking a week off from posting but I needed the time to organize myself and my thoughts, plus I couldn't get anything out of my head and onto the keys anyways. I have a bunch of random topics swirling in my head so I am going to do a "Lately" and get it all out in one post.Read More
I thought I would start a periodic post for things I am loving or doing at the moment. This likely won't be a weekly post but probably at least monthly, maybe more if I am really eager to share something good.Read More
It’s a Wednesday that feels like Friday if that says anything about my week so far. Work has been busy and mentally tiring. There has been so much I have needed to accomplish and my days have been filled with meetings and interviews. I am getting done what I need to but everything else -- working out, eating clean, and writing -- have all fallen to the wayside.Read More
Hello July!! 2017 is halfway over and is flying by, June was the fastest month yet! I've mentioned the daycare has been closed for the last week and a half and it looks like it will continue to be closed for another week or two.Read More
Friends, it is only Wednesday and I am tired! This week has been quite interesting. Our daycare is unexpectedly closed for two weeks so my husband and I have been splitting the days and working from home when we can.Read More
Happy Friday Friends! This week was long. We went to Disney last weekend and having no days off to wind down made this week feel like an extension of last week. I'm looking forward to this weekend full of nothing to do.
- I've just started this book recently, I'm not too far into it just yet but I've already highlighted some great passages. This is the line of the summary of the book that really hit home:
- In Chasing Slow, Erin turns away from fast and fame and frenzy. Follow along as she blazes the trail toward a new-fashioned lifestyle—one that will refresh your perspective, renew your priorities, and shift your focus to the journey that matters most.
- I have been obsessed with all thing Coffee + Crumbs lately--the blog, the Year of Creativity course, and the podcasts. Their podcasts are very relevant to the season I am in, touching on topics such as parenting, being a working moms, and life in general. The guests on the podcasts have all been great, the recommendations have all been things I have loved so far. My reading list is growing and growing, mostly from their recommendations.
- This spray promises to help with prep and prime and is an overall complexion spray. I love the way this makes my skin feel and I can actually see complexion improvement. Honestly I'm not sure if it's a coincidence that my skin has been great lately but either way I love the way this makes my face feel. I spray it on my face morning and night.
- I cannot fathom that Macie is almost two. I started planning her birthday party last week. I am a little "partied out" from the holidays and was considering not hosting a party for her but I know I will regret it if I decide to forego a party. We are planning a farm theme since she is obsessed with all sorts of animals.
- When the trailer for This is Us was circulating around the internet I was very interested, I had high expectations for this show, expecting something comparable to Parenthood.The first few episodes were great but not quite the emotional, gut-wrenching show I was hoping for. I do still like it, I just wish is was one step further, one more level of emotionally raw. Despite this, I am still enjoying it and I'm glad it's back from holiday break.
- The buffalo plaid one is my current favorite but these shirts are so cute and comfy. Perfect for a casual day with some distressed jeans and Toms.